Sunday, February 24, 2008

things that make you go hmmmm

For years, when I would finish a ritual, and close down my circle, I would get the sensation of a head cold. My head feels stuffed, my ears, clogged and deaf. These feelings would last until whatever grounding method (usually eating something) would take effect. For whatever reason, I never really wondered why this happened. Tonight, I thought about it. Could it be, that during these rituals, within the circle, in alpha or theta brainwave state, I am more open, using more than the "mundane" senses? And, when I shut down the ritual, close the circle, I am closing down these other senses, but not eradicating the experience of having used them? Is it possible to keep these senses, these channels to the gods open all the time? Should that be a goal worked toward? Or, does that way, madness lay?

2 comments:

belle said...

hmm.
Madness !

Have you tried other grounding methods.. Stomping, clapping..
or is it that you don't Want to ground ?

Interesting question.

Lavanah said...

No, no, you misunderstood-the deafness and stuffed up sensation lasts until I ground-when I do I get my everyday senses back.