Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Dream (mostly) Unremembered

Last night I had a very vivid dream (if you considered people telling of their dreams the height of self-absorbtion, feel free to skip). Upon waking from it, I thought "what was that all about?" and the answer came "It was a water initiation." As it was still the middle of the night, I got up and went down stairs to write down the dream, but by the time I got to the kitchen, most of it was gone. All I remember is that it took place in a large space, if it was indoors, I was unaware of any walls. A largish group of people ( 20 or so) many of whom I felt I knew. DH was there. A silver vessel-not quite a goblet, not quite a chalice. It was my initiation. I woke up after it ended, as there were congratulations. I don't remember anymore. Frustratingly enough, I remember remembering more. And, aside from DH and myself, I have no idea who any of the other people were, nor anything of the ritual itself.

Googling "water initiation" gets me 3 pages of Buddhist websites and information on water and magnetics, water and building, water and chemistry, and a few listings on baptism. So, more indepth, other than google (at least tonight, in the cold basement) research is called for. I vaguely remember some mention of this in a Dion Fortune book (but then I only vaguely remember anything written by Dion Fortune), so perhaps that is the direction to look in, first?

Tonight, during meditation, I tried to re-enter the dream. I had no success.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm, have you read anything by Marian Green ? She has a book "The Elements of Ritual Magic" that might be of some use.
I've got a book by her here somewhere but It's not RM..

Jaq Hawkins has an Elements series too, but I was disappointed in it.

Dione Fortune always makes me sleepy !

Then again, maybe the Last Year WAS your Water Initiation ? Sometimes the magick is in life, not the other way around ...

Belle

Lavanah said...

You are the 2nd person in 24 hours to mention that maybe the events experienced may be the initiation...
I would really like to like Jaq Hawkins, really, but so far, I've been disappointed with the books of hers that I've read. I will see what I have by Marion Greene, I know we have a few books of hers...