Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Money

Recently, there was a spate of blog posts on the subject of money and wealth spells-do they work? Are they a good idea? I didn't get involved in the discussion because my view of wealth does not so much involve actual dollars and cents, but the quality of my life, and the lives of those I love, and the lives of those who touch my life, however tangentially.

Jason Miller made a point at his most recent workshop that asking for help from a Celestial spirit to become "rich" might be less than totally effective-at least from the point of view of the magician doing the work. The reason Jason gave was that pretty much anyone in the Western Hemisphere, much less someone who has the time and inclination to do such magic, IS rich compared to the rest of the world.

Want to know how rich (money-wise) you really are? Try here:

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

2 comments:

AmyLu said...

This is a wonderful tool! SOOOO many people idetify themselves as poor or lacking or disadvantanged; to see their status in this context woud be a wake up call - it was for me. I live a modest life by American standards... yet, I can see how fortunate I am vis a vis the incionceivable poverty suffered by so very, very many in the world. Thank you for this opportunity for gratitude.

Lavanah said...

You are welcome, Amy, I'm glad you found the link helpful. And I really think that being grateful/thankful for what you have is a good thing. But my point wasn't that you should therefor not aspire to anything else because you already have more than others, it was that you should really think about what it is that you want-and be thoughtful as to how to go about getting it. Money is just the accounting system, it isn't the intrinsic "thing itself."