Monday, March 9, 2009

After Winter, Comes Spring

And, after thoughts on death and loss, come thoughts of life, sex and cookies. (and every single time I've used that phrase, DH has added, "but not the Crowley recipe!")

I had planned to write (again? more?) about Purim, which like so many holidays has recent explanations for observances that seem to have existed forever. Even though I did get to the baking, the planning for the writing didn't happen. So for those of you who did not read last years post, I leave you with the link:

http://hearthwitchery.blogspot.com/2008/03/purim-and-hamentashen.html

Oh yeah, one thing I did leave out of last years essay-I make apricot filled hamentashen for my blonde daughter. :-)

May all your noises be joyful ones!

1 comment:

Soror Gimel said...

Spring, life, sex and cookies. I love it. I will be humming " these are a few of my favorite things.." all day.

Spring is just around the corner and that always grabs me up right out of my end of winter blues.

Peace be with you!