Thursday, December 11, 2008

Best Intentions and all that

I had intended to blog about the production of Equus that DH and I saw earlier this week. Never mind the full frontal (and leaping and running and...) Daniel Radcliff (and he smokes cigarettes, too), I was going to write about the importance of Drama, how art can expose the issues of the age, how intense the writing and the subject matter, and all kinds of other most likely pretentious sentences.

But now it ain't gonna happen. Not because the play and the production wasn't marvelous and thought provoking, it certainly was. Richard Griffiths and Kate Mulgrew were wonderful. (and also thereby proving physical shape has little to do with attraction-to me it was Griffiths who was the wow.) DH and I discussed "what the play was about" all the way home, bringing into the conversation religious fundamentalism and various tarot cards (and causing the person in front of us on the bus to contort himself mightily, so he might hear us better). But as I said...

I spent 4 1/2 hours at a spa, today. I finally used the gift certificate that DH had giving me for my birthday, back in June. There were reasons I didn't use it then. And then, there were reasons to wait until now. And, with the economy being so much in the dumps, the spa was running all kinds of promotions, allowing me to really live it up. And I did. Full body exfoliation, mud wrap, massage, reflexology, facial. I've never experienced a day of such pampering, but I feel like my brain was relaxed along with my muscles, cleaned up like my pores. Conversation is difficult.

Tomorrow, I will go back into overdrive getting ready for various holidays (I keep threatening to add Diwali-why not? We celebrate nearly everything else). Tonight, I think I will just bob along in a sea of calm and contentment. May your evening be thus, as well.

5 comments:

Soror Gimel said...

Ooooh spa day! Those are the best sorts of self pampering. What a great time of the year to chose to relax and enjoy yourself. You have great wisdom in your timing my friend.

Inanna said...

Oh, I do love a good spa treatment. What a lovely 24 hours you've had!

I have to disagree with your statement in your next post, though, that sex seems nearly foreign to the body after a spa day. (I understand your desire to reassure some people.) The more in touch I am with my body--the more my brain is relaxed into my body, if you will--the happier I am about having sex, especially with the lovely person who may have made the spa day possible! Happy to have sex as soon as I wake up, that is.

Lavanah said...

:-)
I guess it just was just a question of not really waking up until the next day. Last night, I fell asleep with the lights on, and far earlier than I had intended. Tonight, I will be more than happy to achieve that kind of balancing and tuning with the lovely man who made the spa day possible.

Soooo glad you stopped by, Inanna!

Servitor Lucem said...

I can assure you that the "lovely man" is quite glad to know that...
:-)

Inanna said...

:)

Sounds like good times all around, then...